The Fortnite Crew Legacy Set is an upgradable cosmetic that’s exclusive to Crew Pack subscribers.
The Fortnite Crew Pack is a monthly subscription service from Epic Games. It gives subscribers exclusive in-game gear every month. Once that month has passed, you can no longer obtain the items.
For $12.99 USD, players get an exclusive skin set that includes a pickaxe and a glider. Sometimes, players will receive additional bonus rewards. These can be music packs, loading screens, or subscriptions to other services.
However, Fortnite is about to give Crew members a very cool reward. The Fortnite Crew Legacy Set evolves the longer players are subscribed. Here’s how to get the set and how to upgrade it.
How to get the Legacy Set
Epic Games announced the Fortnite Crew Legacy Set today. It comes with a dual-wielded Pickaxe and Back Bling. Players will earn the set once they subscribe to the Crew Pack.
However, players won’t gain access to the pickaxes right away. Instead, players will have to upgrade their Back Bling twice to unlock the pickaxes.
How to upgrade the Legacy Set
Upgrading the Fortnite Crew Legacy Set will take a long time, but it isn’t hard. In order to upgrade the Back Bling and Pickaxe, players just need to stay subscribed to the Fortnite Crew for six months.
Each upgrade unlocks on the 14th of each month. Here is how the Legacy Set upgrades with each month:
- Stage 1 – Subscribers will unlock the Protocol Back Bling for subscribing anytime after Fortnite v17.50
- Stage 2 – Back Bling evolves into Protocol Elite Style on 14th of second month
- Stage 3 – Back Bling evolves again adding Protocol Overdrive Style. Zen Axe Pickaxe unlocks on 14th of third month
- Stage 4 – Pickaxes evolve into Zen Strike Style on 14th of fourth month
- Stage 5 – Pickaxes evolve again into Zen Ultra Style on 14th of fifth month.
- Stage 6 – Finally, pickaxes evolve into Zen Assault Axe Style on 14th of sixth month
The Protocol Back Bling is also super customizable. Players can change the color of the bag and the smoke. Additionally, you can also add your banner and banner color to the bag.
For more Fortnite, check out every Alien Artifact location in Season 7 and stay tuned for more news and guides.